Educational Background Questions
When you register, you will be asked to answer the following background questions. Providing accurate and complete background information about yourself is important. All of the information that you provide will be kept confidential.
Foundations of Reading Requirements
- Examinees who are required to take the Connecticut Foundations of Reading test in accordance with Public Act 12-116 because you currently hold a comprehensive special education or remedial reading and remedial language arts endorsement do not need to answer the following background questions when they register.
- If the answer is yes, skip the remaining educational background questions.
- If the answer is no, continue answering the educational background questions.
Highest Educational Level
- What is the highest educational level you have attained to date?
(Select one option only.)
- Freshman (first year of college/university)
- Sophomore (second year)
- Junior (third year)
- Senior (fourth or final year)
- Earned bachelor's degree
- Earned master's degree in education
- Earned master's degree in a subject area
- Earned other advanced degree
- I have not attended or applied to an institution of higher education.
Educator Preparation Status
- Select the ONE statement that best describes your educator preparation status.
- I am currently enrolled in, attending, or completing requirements for an early childhood or elementary education program in Connecticut and seeking a first-time certificate.
- I am currently or previously certified in Connecticut and seeking a cross-endorsement in or a renewal of an expired certificate for early childhood or elementary education.
- I have completed teacher preparation out-of-state, but I am seeking a first-time Connecticut certificate in early childhood or elementary education.
- I have never enrolled in any teacher preparation program for early childhood or elementary education, but I am currently attending an institution.
- I am not currently attending an institution.
Connecticut Preparation Institution
- If you chose statement #1 above, answer the question below.
- Indicate the Connecticut college or university where you are currently enrolled in,
attending, or completing requirements for an early childhood or elementary education program
(see "Institution Codes").
This program will automatically receive your scores.
- Are you seeking certification for early childhood or elementary education?
(Select one option only.)
- Early childhood Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 3
- Elementary education K–6
Teacher Preparation Program Level
- Is the level at which you were/are being prepared in early childhood or elementary education
undergraduate or graduate? (Select one option only.)